Monday 10 May 2010

Frosty etc

Remember my last post? Where I hilariously jinxed myself by saying it was warm enough to plant my flowerboxes? Doh! This is the 3rd night running that I've had to tuck my wee flowers in at night. Getting seriously bored with this new chore! This morning there was proper icy frost when I woke up and I've already lost my two begonias. (Pausing here to reflect on when it was that I became a grumpy old man... not sure how that happened).

Other than the COLD temperatures, and our furnace running out of oil yesterday (soon remedied by fabulous handy husband-man), things are well. I had a lovely Mother's Day, even though I was missing my own mummy, who has taken off for the fresh New Brunswick air.

Here's miss E and I, lounging in our jammies, with bonus dress-up hats yesterday morning:



And the dress-up silliness continued. Miss E is quite partial to her new Value-Village fabulous fashions. Who doesn't love old-lady-church-hats?



And more photos from yesterday: Great Granny Barbara had complained that she didn't have any photos of Evy smiling, so we tried a mini photo shoot and managed to get a few good shots, including this one.



And amidst all the jolly times yesterday and smiley photo-shoots, poor Miss E was getting sicker by the minute with a doozy of a cold. The germfest culminated today with a serious barf-session at daycare. She seemed to be feeling better by the time I got her home. Or at least good enough to 'repair' the fridge with her drill set.



And that's your photo round-up. I'm looking forward to the weather getting better and to things (hopefully) calming down a bit at work. Otherwise, I may not be able to post again until closer to 2011! And hey, only 5 weeks until me and Miss E and Gr. Granny head to New Brunswick ourselves! Soo exciting! Happy Monday, all, and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment