Thursday 4 March 2010

Culinary Delights

One of the less delightful phases (other than the especially injurious phase of late) that Evy is in now is called, "Don't you dare come near me with a spoon or any food or I will karate chop said spoon and go boneless and fall to the floor and cry an amount not in proportion with the situation."

It's a lovely time, and I'll cherish these memories of food wars. I probably wouldn't care as much if she was bigger than 3 apples tall, but as it is, I get a bit crazed when she won't eat. And, she does TRULY love feeding herself, but that causes its own slew of problems, e.g. breakfast takes 4 hours and requires a sandblasting of the dining room afterwards.

That said, she eats like a pig at daycare (and even deigns to let them feed her) and she does have a whoppin' appetite once settled down. She goes back for her next weigh-in in April and dare I say she might even weigh 20 lbs? Woot woot!

Here is the madam herself enjoying breakfast at Millbrook's fine dining establishment (no, not the gas station restaurant, the other one).


I will eat this muffin one crumb at a time, so there.

Yesh, I know I'm adorable even with a mouth full of food

And here she is in the dining room, enjoying her own special "built by daddy" table and chair. She won't sit in her highchair anymore because, "duh, mom, they are for babies and I'm 20 months old now!".


And speaking of daddy, Rob's been in Vegas for yet another conference since Tues, so we've been hangin' solo again. Heck, we're old pros at it by now. Will be nice to have him back on Saturday. And then he's gone again to Dallas later in March. Hard to keep up with that jet-settin man.

Hey, it's supposed to be TEN degrees this weekend, folks. Make sure you get outside and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment