Friday 2 September 2011

Tiny Dancer

Who is this little girl who wants to be a fairy princess? I had to tell her she could not wear a tiara to daycare today. I blame Disney.

I think all who know me would agree that I'm not really a dainty pink-wearing frilly person, so I don't believe she's getting it from me. And I'm definitely not graceful. Maybe Rob is secretly teaching her pirouettes when I'm not looking? Or maybe it's just about being 3 and liking 'pretty' things, and wanting to express herself by shaking her bootie. The impromptu dance performance she gave last night was heartfelt, serious, and enthusiastic (even when she tripped on her own feet and face-planted the couch cushion). Time to sign this girl up for a gymnastics class!

Here she is at the cottage last week, playing with the $1.25 ribbon I bought her (thank you Dollarama!). Never has $1.25 provided so many hours of fun to any child anywhere. She was just so completely earnest - it was adorable.

Putting on a show for the loons


Concentrating despite a graze after knee met granite


So serious! Tongue sticking out with effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment