Wednesday 8 July 2009

Garden Gnome

Here is the little beauty "helping" me in the garden on Sunday. Isn't she adorable?? She only ate about a peck of dirt, and uprooted a few flowers, and played with some earwigs, but otherwise all was well.







It's been a busy week here! Madam has been for a few tests. Her doctor wants to make sure there's nothing amiss about the wee miss weighing only 15lb 4oz. That's pretty darn tiny (there are month-old babies who weigh more than that!). He's positive all is well with her, but just wants to be sure. So, after almost fainting at her blood test and then carting her around the hospital yesterday, I'm hoping she doesn't need any more tests any time soon!

In other news, it looks like I'll be a working woman again soon (well, working outside the home, because I'm pretty sure I've been working my ass off for the past 12 months, but just for a tiny tyrant boss and poor wages!). It's 2.5 days a week and should offer a perfect transition for Evy and me. We're pretty attached to each other, so I'm a bit worried - I'm not sure which of us will cry harder! It doesn't start until early August, so, I have a bit of time to get her off the bosom and get her used to the idea of daycare.

AND, we booked another trip to New Brunsick! Evy and I had so much fun there last month, combined with missing granny and poppa and a WestJet seat sale and voila! Rob, Evy and I fly out next Friday (17th). Rob's staying for the weekend and will fly back to Toronto on Monday and Evy and I are staying on for another few days. Yay! Hopefully this time I'll see a moose!

So, that's your update from our whirlwind world for this week (so far!). Off to Granny's cottage for the day tomorrow, which should be very nice! Hope everyone is having a good July!

No comments:

Post a Comment