Monday 3 August 2009

A whole range of emotions today

It's been a rollercoaster day for me emotionally.

Tomorrow is the big day. The big "back to work" day. And yes, YES, I know it's only 18.5 hours a week. I know that leaves LOTS more hours to be with my beautiful babe, but that's not making it any easier right now.

I did my best to distract myself by whipping up dinner for 8 and having lots of fun visiting with the fam. After a huge meal, my main feeling was "overstuffed", but here are some of the other feelings I've had today:




Heartache=
I feel a physical pain thinking about how much I'm going to miss this face


Excitement=
I can't believe I'm going to be an auntie again! Aren't these two just the CUTEST prospective parents ever?


Joy=
Beautiful jewel-toned veggie kabobs to go with a big family dinner. Yum!

Dread=
Work clothes drying on the line. It's going to be hard to dress like a grown-up again after my year off, and my birkenstock MNR days before that!


Horror=
1st day on the new job. 1st day leaving my beautiful baby. SO so so so sad

Anticipation=
a tiny bit

No comments:

Post a Comment