Sunday 8 November 2009

Catchin' up

I finally took these pics, taken on Hallowe'en, off the camera this morning, so here are a few belated shots for your enjoyment.

As part of my campaign to get Lee and Chris to move to Millbrook (the M2M Campaign as I call it) I've been taking pictures of the village looking lovely. Here are a few from our backyard:


Autumnal sky and spooky clouds


The old School (now Library and Family Centre)

And, an example of the fine homes in the vicinity!

We also went a visitin' on Hallowe'en and stopped at Great Granny's house to show off the little poodle:


Granny, in turn, showed off her gorgeous ornamental cabbages at the front of her house. Evy was loving them:


"Hey, these cabbages are bigger than me!"


"Yes, momma, I'll sit here and be cute for 1 second only"



"Now Evy, you can't eat them!"

All is well here. Rob's gone on a 'mannymoon' (the man-honeymoon) with his friends Greg and Dennis and gets back late Tuesday night, so I'm flying solo for a few days.

And little Madam and I have been fighting off what I have dubbed the 'swine cold'. It's got all of the torment of the swine flu, but without the aches and fever. Evy has developed a cough, and thanks to all of the hysterical media coverage, I'm now going in to her room at night to make sure she's still darn' well breathing. Honestly, it's the FLU! That said, I've made the decision that we will go and get vaccinated. The flu season goes on for many more months, and I'm not prepared to worry myself to death every time she gets a snotty nose.

It's a gorgeous sunny day here, so we're going outside to enjoy it! Happy November, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment