Wednesday 2 December 2009

Happy December!

I'm probably not the only person who woke up yesterday morning and was surprised that it was December! Wasn't it just summer two minutes ago? Then, I looked outside and was extra-surprised:


Snowy! A perfect introduction to December, and it was all melted by noon, so actually a perfect 'gentle' introduction. (I still can't BELIEVE it's freakin' DECEMBER!)

And, yesterday was Evy's 17-month 'birthday'. Holy crow! She's almost 1.5 years old!

As I mentioned in my previous post, she's actually growing a bit, but is still small enough to get herself into all sorts of mischief, as documented below:


"Hmm. I think I'll help mummy do laundry"


"Now to do a quick survey of the internal workings of the washing machine"


"Yes, I know I'm extremely naughty!"

Otherwise, all is well. I've resigned myself to our new reality of 'all snot - all the time'. I guess this is what happen when your kid goes to daycare. We're on our 3rd cold since September. Sigh. Poor Evy. She also go her H1N1 vaccine (finally) and has about 3 new teeth coming in, she she has NOT been a happy girl. As for me, I'm doping up on Cold FX, Oregano Oil, Vitamin C, Zinc, and every other quack and ridiculous remedy I can think of, topped off with a thick layer of Vicks. But like Lee says, maybe this will build our our immunity and we won't have another cold all winter.

So, that's the update from germ-infested Millbrook, where babies go for rides in washing machines and certain people are in denial that it's WINTER! Happy December, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment