Sunday 13 June 2010

A Fair to Remember

The annual Millbrook Fair took place this weekend and we made the most of it.

We went yesterday and today in order to give Miss Ev a proper introduction to the Fair lifestyle. (Including a crash course in 'Why Carnies only have two teefs'). A very jolly time was had by all, and we have the pictures to prove it.

Waved, screeched and giggled every time she passed by us

Driving the big rig with Maia

Enjoying a spin on her noble steed

Taking a much deserved 'ice cream' (edible oil product) break

Ev and Maia conquer the mighty bumblebee ride

Firechief Ev to the rescue!

Showing off the fancy truck

A gleeful wave to mom and pops

Much to my dismay, we had to leave before the Demo Derby got underway - it was really taking me back to my youth and the fine Lakefield Fair. There really is nothing like watching cars intentionally smash in to each other. Now that's entertainment!

In other news, one week until we are in New Brunswick, having a great time with Granny and Poppa. I've been busy working out the logistics of getting through the airport with the 2-year old and the 92-year old. My best strategy so far involves putting Great Granny B in a wheelchair and then putting Evy in her lap, but that leaves the luggage. Plan B is to get Evy to push Granny B in wheelchair and I'll do luggage...? I have, of course, requested assistance and we'll no doubt be plunked on one of the fancy golf carts to get through the terminal, so I'm sure it'll all be fine. Until then, I shall be dreaming of the fresh Fundy air!

No comments:

Post a Comment