Sunday 26 September 2010

Mo' from Po-Ho

Yes, it was more fun in Port Hope today. Seems like Lee and the lads have been living close by forever. Tonight when we left there, Sam called out to Evy, "Goodbye sweetheart!". Heelarious.

So, the day started out with second breakfast (that's elevensies to some of you) featuring some of the concord grape jelly I made last night. Praise jojoba, it actually set. Unlike my blueberry jam, but I digress.

Tummies full, we set out to walk along the river (stream? creek?) to catch a final glimpse of the last salmon making their way upstream. We saw a few GIANT ones and were quite impressed. They are tenacious to say the least. I think next year I'll start a taxi service to get them up the rapids... seriously, it made me weary just watching them.



Then, it was time to walk downtown for a very yummy but seriously noisy and chaotic lunch. I wasn't surprised when one table sat next to us and then promptly got up and went to sit outside. There was chocolate milk drama, there was straw drama, there was pizza drama. Full bellies once again, we strolled the downtown and then headed home for naptime. 2 kids and one adult had a nap. I'll let you guess who.

Refreshed and revitalized, it was time to venture out again. Sam prefers to push the stroller - look for his fingers, and Charley needed to be reminded a few times not to crush Evy's hand. He's a very vigourous hand-holder:



We made the most of the playground from one end to the other, and Evy and Sam enjoyed being superbabies on the swings. Charley enjoyed sniffing his sock and pretending to be an elephant. Yes, kids are weird:





After well over an hour of fun at the park, it was time for yet more refreshments while taking in some entertainment in the form of the jazz festival:



And thusly inspired by the crazy tunes, some dancing was in order:




Phew! After all that, it was time to wander on home and have some dinner. And I know it sounds like all we did was walk and eat, but they cancelled each other out. I have no doubt Evy will sleep at least 13 hours tonight. And if I go to bed RIGHT now, I might be able to squeak in ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment