Friday 10 June 2011

Fair-tastic!

Millbrook must have one of the first Fairs of the season - the second weekend in June. We enjoyed it SO much last year and were really looking forward to the 2011 installment. And, it didn't not disappoint.

All the love that Evy had for the rides last year has increased exponentially and I think she may never be the same. She actually turned into a Fair-zombie at one point and had me wondering if one of the rides gave her a lobotomy. She was entirely overwhelmed with sheer joyosity and could not see, hear, or speak, other than to ask to go on the Bumblebee ride again (and again, and again). Hilarious. I should have known I was in for trouble when she ran for the carousel and was 50 feet ahead of me while I was still getting the stroller out of the car.

A flotilla of Port Hope friends joined us, as did Ev's best bud Maia. There will surely be more photos on Lee's blog (she took 400 pictures!) but here are a few that I took:


Ev's preferred ride this year - the awesometastic bumblebee


She lost her hat twice on this ride - good timezzz!


Cruising with her bud Maia in the strange zebra-camo
jeep w/ machine guns. Charming.

1 comment: