Friday 4 November 2011

My favourite accent

The almost-3 years that we lived in England were incredibly happy times. Lots of travel, adventures, and sleep (oh, god, the uninterrupted sleep of the childless!). During our travels in the UK, I decided that the Yorkshire accent is my favourite. Which is convenient because one of the best friends I made while living there is the lovely Yorkshire Liz.

We haven't seen Liz since Ev and I were in England in 2008, when Evy was 5 months old. So it was high time for a reunion and I was delighted when Liz decided to zoom into Millbrook for a few days.

As with all good friendships, Liz and I picked up right where we left off. Which means drinking lots of port and lemonade, and laughing ourselves senseless. We had a great time and the kids loved her. The visit went by far too quickly.

Here are a few photos from our visit to the Zoo on Tuesday.


"Hmm, never heard an accent like THAT before."

Liz, Ev and Henry take in the Otonabee River


Liz, braving the famous super-slide


Evy, showing how it's done


The girls walking and talking

Come back soon, Lizzie. We miss you already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment