Friday 6 June 2008

Bleh bleh bleh

Soooo, summer is here with a venegance. I don't know how my 'fatty' self will cope with the heat this weekend! It's still before 12 and is already 30, but feels like 39 with the humidity. Doh! I think I'll be installing our window air conditioner tonight, so that I can get some sleep!

Who knew that pregnant women have a 50% increase in the volume of their blood!? (Eww, right?). So I think that creates a certain amount of heat already! And then when it's hot and horrible outside, it's even worse!


In other news, the basement is drying out (hopefully!). Rob stayed up until 4am to keep an eye on things. It took a few hours after the rain stopped for our indoor river to stop too. What a pain in the arse! I really should have taken a picture of us last night - Rob was literally steaming because he was soaking wet from being outside and working hard carrying buckets of water upstairs to dump, so he was looking 'good'! And then I was wearing a pair of underpants, a tank top, and my rubber boots (accessorized by giant belly!) We looked like total hillbillies!

Is supposed to rain a lot this weekend, but hopefully the basement won't flood again. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment