Tuesday 10 March 2009

Eleven

The tiny tyrant was awake 11 times last night. Thank god for Rob who took over in the wee hours of the morning, as I was physically unable to get out of bed anymore.

Last night I read this article on the Sick Kids website:
http://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/News/Infant-sleep-habits-are-learned-early.aspx?articleID=8037&categoryID=news-type

It made me feel better that she's apparently still young enough that her sleep habits aren't fully entrenched. And, I'm taking the advice and stopping bringing her to bed with me. (Many nights, by 4 or 5am, I'm so so so tired that I just cave in and bring her into bed until morning, but obviously she's now associating crying with getting to sleep with mum).

So, that's the (very basic) plan. I'll keep you posted.

And Tyler, don't let Jordie read this blog, or she won't want to have babies. I have read the 'Happiest Baby' book and already do the five suggestions, so thanks! For sure the swaddling helps her, and if I still need to swaddle her when she's 15 years old, then so be it.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment