Saturday 7 March 2009

What a looooong week

Happy Saturday! And, it seems like Spring is here! How deeeeelightful! (Yes, I know it's going to get colder again next week - just let me live in denial for now, please). Rob and I saw a bat (a freakin' BAT - it's MARCH!) flying around on Thursday evening, and then last night Rob saw a coyote in our ravine! I guess the animals are offically out of hibernation.

And, after going to vote on Thursday, we were very glad to hear that John Tory didn't win his seat in our riding. We don't need some fancy Toronto-pants around here! While I didn't agree with a lot of the news coverage that implied that this riding is filled with hillbillies and banjo music, there is a definite anti-Toronto sentiment here, and I'm pretty sure that's why we now have a Liberal MPP. (NDP would be better, but one step at a time!)

Poor Miss Evy is still dealing with the giant sore on her head. We've been to the doctor three times already and are going back on Monday. The topical antibiotics weren't doing the trick, so she's now on oral antibiotics, the poor madam. Hopefully this will help to heal it up, because sohelpmegawd, if I have to watch the doctor lance that thing one more time, I'm going to barf.

We're off to Alice & Jimmy's for lunch today - it was Poppa's birthday yesterday, so we're going to go and celebrate with the fam. Rob's staying home though because he's sick... he's had such a busy week and has been travelling so much lately, it's no wonder he's run down. Hopefully he'll have a nice quiet day here and will get rested up and feeling better.

Here are a few pics of the wee miss. Hopefully, soon I'll be able to post pics of her nicely healed forehead!!

"mommy, why do I need to have this washcloth on my head?"
Tiny turban lady

Lil' bandaid head

No comments:

Post a Comment