Saturday 14 March 2009

Home again

We had a great trip to Toronto. We spent time with Emer and Brad and Bernadette (and of course Lulu). Evy got to play with Auntie Ellen and Jen too, and had a Indian Buffet lunch with Elle and Anne! So much fun! (Note to Ellen and Anne - did you two stink like tandoori for the rest of the day? Evy and I both smelled like curried pepperoni - gross - talk about a vegetarian's nightmare!)

Was great to be back in the big city, and to do some shopping. And miss Evy seemed to enjoy herself. She made dozens of friends since everwhere we went people stopped to talk to her.

At the Riverdale Perk with mum and Emer:


Bonus points for those of you who
noticed the expression on the face of
the woman behind Evy.

Unfortunately, I managed to be in Toronto for two days, and didn't actually get a picture of Bernadette! Doh! I blame it on having yet another cold. The sneezing has obviously affected my brain.

Got back to Millbrook last night, and have been trying to recover from said cold. I don't know how I can be on my 2nd cold in two weeks... it just doesn't seem fair. Though I suspect it's something to do with my immune system being as hale and hearty as a wet paper bag, all caused of course, by lack of sleep.

BUT, there's even good news on the sleep front - Madam Evy only woke up THREE TIMES last night! Maybe she knew that if she woke me up more than that, I'd sneeze and cough on her. I am delighted, but can't pinpoint why she was so good last night - all we can do is hope it continues!!

Here's the madam this morning, lookin' cute in her green shirt:




Hope you're all having a great weekend! Weather is DREAMY! Might actually go outside and try to do something about the poor neglected garden to get it ready for Spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment