Monday 9 March 2009

reality

Here are a few pics from Jimmy's birthday party on Saturday. A good time was had by all - and the cake that I made was a great success - thanks for the recipe peepee!

smiley sisters
scary sisters...
we were having a contest to see who could open their eyes widest.
Guess who won? Ole zombie eyes Emily.

Auntie Em, Evy and Auntie Mary


Unkie Ben and Evy


In other news, the sleepless nights continue around here. I've been keeping track so that I can let the pediatrican know how often she's up in the night. It's pretty depressing. You know how people say, "oh, my baby was up all night, but they actually mean, "oh, my baby woke up twice".

Well, for your information and to share the pain, here are the times Evy was up last night.

Bedtime: 6:55

Awake and frantic crying: 7:22, 8:42, 9:46, 10:36, 1:55, 5:01, 7:10

Time to get up: 8:20


Yep. Going into her room SEVEN times to console her and get her back to sleep. And people, believe me when I say that sometimes it's more than that. The other night she was up NINE times. And there were two stretches in there where she slept for over 3 hours - that too is an improvement. Luckily, she's cute, hilarious, and definitely worth it, otherwise she'd be cruising down Baxter Creek in a wicker basket.


Now, for my friends who are currently pregnant, or are planning babies in the future, I'd just like to say that Evy is NOT representative of most babies out there, so please don't freak out. And for my friends that do have babies who sleep through the night or only wake up once or twice, I have two words for you: zip it. I don't want to hear about it, lest I lose my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment