Tuesday 7 August 2012

August? What??

Where has all the summer gone? Wowsers! Not only is it August, but we're already a week into it! 

What can I say? Jetting (and driving) around Eastern Canada and the US, 2 weeks at the cottage, and lots of quality summer fun can make time fly, I guess!

 The annual trip to Nooby was great. Al and Jim are hosts extraordinaire and worked their butts off keeping the kids (including me) happy, fed, rested, and entertained. 

The drive back from NB was a little less relaxing, with Henry deciding that he could not handle more than 2 hours on the road at a time. Oh, and waking up at 5am-ish just for kicks. Gaaah. BUT, the scenery was AMAZING and if you haven't done the drive down coastal highway 1 through Maine, I would highly recommend it. Have dinner in Camden! And lunch! And breakfast - blueberry pancakes... yummm! 

So, I have a million things to update on, but let me begin with a few shots of the 12 days we spent with Granny and Poppa. The weather was AMAZING and I think we had picnics 3 different days. Evy got so spoiled by the surroundings that she has been asking to go to the beach.  I don't have the heart to tell her that Ontario beaches aren't quite the same as the Fundy ones! So dreeeeammmy!


Hopping along the Salmon River suspension bridge

Brown's Beach with Granny

Al & Jim's neighbour's private beach.  Spectacular.

Henry is DOG CRAZY.  Luckily, this crazy-eyed St Bernard was VERY friendly.

A Bald Eagle (or a speck on my lens?!)

The spectacular West Quaco lighthouse

Striking an (unsolicited) pose on Duck Pond Beach

Yum!  Salty sand is soooo delicious says Henry.

I have SOOO many more pictures and will put them up soon, or at least before the end of 2012 - swearsies.  

We're now having a quiet week at home.  Henry and Ev and I have been fighting a nasty summer cold.  Hen's fever this morning was above 102 degrees, so we're taking it easy and just trying to get everyone feeling better.  

So that's your quick update from here!  Is everyone else's summer going by this fast?!

No comments:

Post a Comment