Thursday 30 August 2012

Too much fun? NEIGH!

Ev did five days of Horsey Camp earlier this month.  It was fantastic.  She loved it desperately.  They swam, played, went on hikes, did crafts, and (of course) got lots of horsey time.  

Rob and I were greeted a few times by the woman who ran the camp.  Each time she'd inform us with a slight edge of hysteria to her voice that: "Your daughter is absolutely fearless.  No.  I mean she's FEAR-LESSSSS.  FEARLESS. She will ride any horse I put her on."

Rob and I would nod knowingly as we're quite aware of Miss Ev's 'small but mighty' and slightly crazy approach to the planet.  So, instead of riding tiny ponies as the other little kids did, Ev got to ride the bigger horses too.  (I have to laugh, imagining that the horse would look behind to see if there was actually anything in the saddle!).  Just 28 whole pounds of spitfire, that's all!


 

Ev (L) and two friends get busy grooming a pony

Her feet almost both reach the stirrups!

Ev on 'Bobby' a former unicorn (so she has informed me)
She had such a great time.  What a lucky kid, eh?  And I got to go to the end of week show, where the kids did a synchronized routine on horseback to the song 'Call Me Maybe' (mind you, we much prefer the Cookie Monster version in this household).  

She has already made me swear an oath that she can go again next year, so stay tuned for that.  What's next?  Show-jumping?  Dressage?  Actually, I think she has a bright future as a jockey, don't you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment