Wednesday 8 August 2012

Belated Big-girl Birthday!

In what has become a delightful tradition, we had a great birthday bash for Miss Evelyn up at the cottage. What a lucky kid, to be born on a holiday! Lots of friends and family joined us for swimming, bbq, and sunshine. The big 4 year old girl had a great time. 


Such a cutie!

How did Auntie Peeps know just what colour cupcakes to make?

Three stooges at lunch

Who, me?  FOUR?!!

Sir Sammy testing the breeze with a spinny pinwheel!!

Best seats on the lake for the Canada Day Fireworks

Every year the fireworks seem better and better!

And, the most beloved birthday guest of all... Kizzy!
I suppose a time will come when Evy won't want to be at the cottage anymore for her birthday!  Shortly followed by a time when she WILL want to be there, as long as she's up there with her 20 closest friends and a keg of beer and her parents are 40 miles away!  So, we shall enjoy these years while they are here. 

I see such a change in her in the past year.  She is definitely not a toddler and her baby face is turning into that of a sweet beautiful little girl.  She's saucy and bossy and so so so funny.  Lately she's been saying, "Oh mah gawd" about stuff, which just cracks me up.  I guess she gets the valleygirl-speak from me?  Though I swear I don't sound like that!

So a happy (belated) birthday to my beautiful big girl!  You delight, infuriate, and amaze us and fill our house with love and laughter.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment