Thursday 9 August 2012

More cottage fun...

See? I told you I had a lot of pictures to get through! You know things are bad when you manage to fill a 4GB memory card. 

Here are more pics from our 2 weeks up at the cottage in June/July. The weather was FAN-freakin-TASTIC while we were there. I think we had an afternoon of rain, but otherwise it was very hot and sunny every day. Almost a bit too hot at times, so we had to immerse ourselves in the lake at regular intervals. 

We ate well, slept well (ok, except Henry), picked 12 cups of delicious Redrox blueberries for jam and pies, and were generally lazy and happy. 

The kids are getting to an age where they actually play together a bit and enjoy each other's company about 70% of the time. The rest of the time is screeching and hair pulling, but I think that's pretty normal.(I should says it's them doing the screeching and hair-pulling, but I think it's probably accurate for me too). 

Dollar-store streamers.  So much fun.  With minimal strangulation risk.

Cottage bathtime routine.  Remind me not to use those basting brushes on food anymore.

Two sweet little lookouts at the front of the boat.

Yep, that sand ended up in his diaper, via his intestines.  Exfoliating, I imagine.

A little Olympic swimmer in training?  She's a water baby this year!

At the beach in Quarry Bay.  A perfect playground for chimps.

Check out that hot beach bod! 


While having a shared cottage comes with its own special hassles and headaches, we do realize we're so lucky to have a little piece of this paradise.  And we're really looking forward to another week up there later this month.  In the meantime:  how to get Henry to sleep in past 6:30am up there?  I'm thinking if he sleeps in the hammock?  Or the boathouse?  Actually, forget that.  I'll sleep in the hammock and Rob can be inside with both kids.  Problem sooooolved!


No comments:

Post a Comment