Tuesday 23 September 2008

Sunny September

Hello from sunny and lovely Millbrook. This has gotta be my favourite time of year. I love waking up to frosty mornings, and cooler days (with lots of sun and fall colours of course). I don't love waking up to a crabby baby, but, really since she's only waking up to eat, I guess I can't hold it against her.

Speaking of fall colours, here is a tree from our backyard. Clearly, one branch of this tree has decided that it's fall, while the rest of the tree is bravely resisting the urge and is trying to cling to its summer greenness. Mighty purdy.


And speaking of purdy, here is wonderful (90 year old) granny Barbara. Evy and I went there for lunch today, and I might start going every day. The menu included raisin scones (baked this morning) and possibly some of the best peach pie I've ever had in my life (baked this morning). It's pretty sad when your aged granny puts you to shame in the kitchen, makes you a fabulous lunch, does the dishes, and then sends you home with pie, peaches, cookies, and dinner! I hope I have her genes!



While spending the day with Granny, we headed over to her church in Peterborough where the quilting ladies meet every Tuesday. Granny used to quilt with them but her eyesight is failing a bit, so she doesn't go as much. Anyhoo, Granny wanted to buy a special hand-quilted baby blanket for Evy, so we went to pick out which one she'd like best. I chose a beautiful one, which must have dozens of hours of work spent on it. Evy tried it out when we got back to Granny's house. I think she likes it!






Otherwise, things have been busy here. Evy and I went to Toronto last week and had a great visit with Emer and Bernadette and the girls. Evy went on the Subway, and hung out on the Danforth. It was fun to introduce her to the urban lifestyle (coffees on the patio, shopping at Bay & Bloor) and it was great to hang out with my T.O. chums and to feel like a real adult human being again, after living on planet baby for the past 2.5 months. Was having too much fun to take pictures... sorry!

So, that's the report from here. Not much else going on. We survived Rob being gone last week, and now he's off again - heading to Denver tomorrow for work. So, Evy and I are on our own again, but I'm sure we'll survive. If not, I'm heading back in to Granny's house - she'll take care of us!! (Though I might gain 100lbs!). Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment