Friday 26 September 2008

Friday update

Rob is back tomorrow! Yay!

We've had a lonely few days without him. Yesterday, the neighbours took pity on me (I think they could tell I hadn't had an adult conversation in days) and they invited me and Evy in for a visit. Of course, the little madam has been crabby again, and she was not very polite. Poor Carol tried to hold her, and had the pleasure of holding a screaming squirming baby for a few minutes.

Here are some cute shots of little miss potato head from yesterday:


And miracle of miracles, she actually fell asleep in the wee swing for a while yesterday. It wasn't for long, and we have yet to successfully repeat this feat, but it gave me hope that in the near future, she won't need to be clutched to my bosom (literally) to fall asleep! (Too bad about the neck position... I'm sure babies are very bendy and she won't have any long term damage!).

And, in the spirit of not having every post be a whiny one, here are a few things I'm happy about today:
1. I caught the recycling men before they went past this morning and got rid of 2 weeks worth of recycling that was overflowing!
2. My hubby is home tomorrow to give both of his girls some love and hugs
3. The weather has been beautiful
4. My parents are at their new summer house on the Bay of Fundy in N.B. and though I'm missing them, they are having an amazing time. I can't wait to go in the Spring.
5. I'm loving our house in the fall. This is our first autumn in ye olde Millbrook, and it's been great so far. The leaves are starting to change, and the view from our front porch is pretty amazing. We've been spending lots of time out in the rocking chair.

Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I'll come and hold your screaming squirming baby for a few hours if you'll finish cleaning my carpets.

    ReplyDelete