Wednesday 1 October 2008

Happy October, and 3 months old!

Hello from Millbrook-land, home of one tired mum and one beautiful three-month-old baby! (And of course of Rob, who has been working all-out getting our house ready for fall... and winter - bleh!).
We've had a busy week so far - Fall is in the air, and I've been in the mood for cooking and baking. Yesterday it was butternut squash soup (last week it was pumpkin bread - thanks pee for the recipe - and sweet potato soup ... yum!).
And of course, three months ago today a very special girl came into the world:
lil' cutie

couch time with mum
(note drool on my leg... Evy's not mine!)
bathing beauty

couch shot - 3 months

The wee mademoiselle has also been spending more time in the swing. She is still enjoying it, and falls asleep in it quite easily... the trick is to sneak back every 10 minutes and wind it up again. (Yes, we have one with batteries, but she hates it. I think she likes keeping us on our toes!). The thing about the swing is, it's kind of hard to take a picture of her in it while it's moving! (As shown below).

Evy's knees

And here she is swingin' along

And, we've still been spending lots of time with great granny Barbara, who made us lunch again today. Evy really likes her and I think the feeling is mutual!


90-yr old and 3-month old have a cuddle


Soo, that's all from here. It's supposed to rain the next two days (bleh) but might be nice next week (yay!). We've got the fireplace on tonight - tis chilly! I keep saying we have to keep it warm for Evy's sake, but it might be for my own... brrr!

Oooh, and now on my list of things to do: get Miss Evy's passport! Looks like the wee miss and I are taking a holiday to England and France in December! Yay yay! Not all babies get to go the south of France! (And not all mommies get to go either!). Will be great to see all my friends from England that I'm missing so much, and am going with some of them to the south of France for a week... it's my early birthday present... thanks hubby!!! I'll try to limit the shopping at Harrods, moo haw haw haw! So, even if the weather is horrible, at least I have something to look forward to now (other than thanksgiving and all that pie!).

No comments:

Post a Comment