Tuesday 20 January 2009

Obamarama!!

Well, Evy and I rushed from our mama/baby aerobics today (think an uncoordinated Jar Jar Binks shuffling around with a puzzled infant to bad techno beats) to watch the inauguration of Barack Obama at chez Higgy. It was very exciting!

How great that we got to witness it! Just too bad we had to put up with 8 years of rampant bush before our neighbours to the south decided they'd like to have someome with an IQ over 65 running their country. Go Obama Go! And thanks to Granny & Poppa for a sophisticated and tasteful, classy yet understated inauguration luncheon (I love egg salad sammiches!).


Evy seems moved by Obama's speech

An historic moment captured - Evy and Obama touch hands
And, here's another pic from yesterday, when Evy got a bit TOO much love from Penny. What can I say? Penny loves to lick nostrils. It's not her most endearing habit, I gotta say, but at least Evy is learning young to defend herself from pesky Jack Russells!
Rob left this morning for New Orleans for another work trip (or so he says... I think he's hangin' at the levy, getting uninterrupted sleep, and helping Brad Pitt rebuild houses.) He's away until Saturday, so miss Evy and I are cruising solo for the next few days. Here's hoping that the madam gives me a break - she's been waking up about 6 or 7 times a night, which is killing me.
So, I hope you all enjoyed this historic day. Just think, we'll always remember where we were today - glad I wasn't somewhere lame like work. (Being under the duvet on the couch at yer' parents house isn't lame, is it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment