Tuesday 27 January 2009

Zzzzz

I think I'm officially 'that' mom. You know, the really annoying one who can't talk about anything OTHER than crap-explosions and baby food and cutting tiny fingernails, and naptimes and bedtimes and bathtimes.

Yep, I live on planet baby.

And it's a great planet, except, that sleep is apparently not allowed here. The longest chunk of uninterrupted sleep that I've had this month is 3 hours. I am getting out of bed 6 or 7 times a night and I'm sooooooooooo so so so sooooooooooo tired.

So I guess that's why I obsess about all things Evy. Maybe it's her digestion that's keeping her up. Maybe it's her teeth, or baby food, or not enough food, or seperation anxiety, or night terrors, or some other developmental milestone.

Solving this problem is all that I can think about, making me a full-time resident of planet baby until I figure out what's going on. Or, maybe I'll never figure it out, and she'll just start sleeping again on her own.

Until then, I'll keep trying to figure out the local customs, and will enjoy every minute spent on planet baby with this strange and beautiful little tyrant.

And speaking of the wee tyrant, here are Unkie Ben and Auntie Emily enjoying some time with her on Saturday:



No comments:

Post a Comment