Friday 22 January 2010

Cookie monster

I was pretty sad earlier this month when Evy had her 18-month check-up. Turns out she's still off the bottom of the percentile chart for weight and height. I was pretty sure she must be weighing 20 lbs by now (or, say, at least as much as your average 7-month old!) but alas, she only weighed in at 18lb 6oz. Little teeny tiny!

So, I worried for about 2 minutes, and then realized that she's happy and healthy. She sleeps between 12 and 13 hours straight at night, plus a good 2-hour nap during the day. She eats 3 meals a day, drinks formula, milk, water, and juice, and is a jolly little soul. So, I just refuse to worry about it!

We go back in April for another weigh-in, so we're currently on 'Project Chubby'. This means helpings of fabulous Liberty yogurt (13% milk fat) with every meal. The only downside is that I end up finishing anything she doesn't eat, and I need project slim-down!

Here is the poor waif, scarfing down 2 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies at once, while running all over the house:



I suspect it's all the running around that's the problem, but short of tethering her to a ring on the floor, I don't see how I can cut down on the calorie burning. So will just continue on with the big meals and lots of snacks and will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment