Sunday 21 November 2010

Ho ho ho

A certain someone has mega Christmas Fever. I don't know where she's getting her intel from, because I come from a family that prides itself on the non-materialistic celebration of Christmas, but, she's two years old. 'Nuff said.

For the past week, ten times a day she says, "I wanna goooo seee Chrisssstmassss!!". Again, not sure who her informant is, but I've tried to explain that we can't go 'see' Christmas, and that Christmas comes to us. We've also talked about the word 'patience' and how we have to just wait for Santa. She informed me today that Santa is her favourite (Rob and I don't even make the top 10).

So, because she's been ROCKING the recently imposed no-soother state, and has been such a good girl about it, we hopped in to car to take Evy to go 'see' Christmas this afternoon. (This entailed a drive to the local mall, where Santa is in residence every day between now and Dec 25th from 10 until 6).

Of course, we got there, and she sat on his knee and froze. In a grimacey mask kind of way. Not good for photo ops. Finally, after much cajoling, we managed to get a semblance of smile from her.



We said our fairwells to Jolly St Nick, and headed off into the mall. Approximately 23 seconds later later, Evy said, "I want to goooo seeeeee Santaaaaaa!" Sigh. Tis going to be a long month.

No comments:

Post a Comment