Tuesday 25 January 2011

Odds and ends

Nothing much exciting to report on this end. It's winter (meh). It's been cold (brr) and I am roughly the size of flipper - that's about 1,000 lbs if you didn't know (insert Flipper sounds here).

Evy has been dabbling (dribbling?) in toilet training. She likes the idea of it, likes the underpants, but alas also likes to fill them with ure-een. Sigh. Maybe we'll wait another month and try again. She seems to have the capacity to pee 300 times a day (don't rats do that? leave a continuous pee-trail? Double-sigh).

Gotta say though, she is SUPER proud whenever she puts on a pair of undies. (Hellloooooo, big girl underpants are AWESOME afterall!):



We had another icy cold spell over the weekend 'til Monday. Bundled up and made ourselves go outside for a little while on Sunday, at least to get some vitamin D. And any excuse to come back inside and drink a big mug o' Ovaltine, right?

Here's little rosy cheekers, playing 'King of the Castle':


Which switches suddenly to 'Queen of the Drama', i.e. "Mommy, my hands are ice cubes, making me lose control of my musculature and collapse in a sobbing heap... waaaaaaahhhh"


Let's see, in other news, we're fighting that cold that's going around. My favourite remedy (when you're pregnant and a shot of Bailey's and 2 advil cold&sinus is not recommended) is to slather on the Vicks VapoRub. Best smell in the world. I have a wee jar that expired in 2003 (hello, haven't I lived in about 4 different houses, including one in England, since then?? Not sure how I still have it, but I'm pretty sure it's like a fine wine - only improves with age).

Seriously, that's how dull life is right now. I'm actually writing about expired pharmaceuticals (and not even cool ones like hillbilly heroin). Maybe February will be more exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment